Monday, December 21, 2009

Max Glaskin & the Irvines in 1977

Posted by Picasa
Jim and Kath Irvine pictured here by Becky Spencer (now Sanderson) in 1977 with Max Glaskin as the prime mover in making a hat appear to levitate in thin air above their heads. In the background C-H-M thinks he recognises the purple-adorned door of the lorry that was hired that year from Brockworth for transporting huts and tools between the hill and Ullenwood. Its presence means this picture was taken either right at the beginning, or more likely, I suspect right at the end of the digging season. Update from Max: "More likely the start because I don't think I was there at the end. Mind you, it's easy to forget minutiae after a gap of something like 32 years, 5 months, 11 days and 19 hours."

1 comment:

Max said...

More likely the start because I don't think I was there at the end. Mind you, it's easy to forget minutiae after a gap of something like 32 year, 5 months, 11 days and 19 hours.