Monday, September 28, 2009

Leaving the past behind ...

Posted by Picasa
Evolution in progress: when Dr Ferris saw this 1979 Anna Behan photo of C-H-M gnawing on some limestone (for the camera, I assure you), he thought that it was a depiction of a 19th century feral child, possibly from a Paris gutter. In fact, I was digging out the ditch on Cutting AXVII: I think I knew, even at the time, that you weren't supposed to eat the spoil.

Later today C-H-M (aged 49 3/4) starts a new life as a student for the next 9 months, at Leith's School of Cookery and Wine. This is very exciting, and is unlikely to involve a diet of oolites. At least I hope it won't. I hope the suppliers of shellfish produce something a little fresher...

But if the postings on the blog become a little less regular than in recent months, I hope readers will forgive me: I will do my very best to keep the blog up-to-date but there may be times when the stoves will have to take first place in my affections or when I will be cooking or waiting at various events and establishments. But for those who of you who come and stay at the Albergo Parker the quality of the nosebag should improve ...

No comments: