Monday, March 2, 2009

Framed by the fence ...

Posted by Picasa
I thought we'd start the week with this shot from the Phillpotts archive of Sarah Roberts posing somewhat tentatively (is it the sun in her eyes?) with the cutting that she supervised in 1979 which abutted that of Ros Cleal to the left (east) and Marion Barter to the right (west) if Crickley Hill Man's memory does not mislead him.  Crickley Hill Man is wondering what he has been getting wrong for so long as his pension is unlikely to match Sir Fred Goodwin's.  In fact I don't suppose the pensions of most of those who dug at Crickley laid end to end would match it...

1 comment:

Jim Irvine said...

Your comment"the pensions of most of those who dug at Crickley laid end to end would..."

reminds me of the saying by American humorist Dorothy Parker

"If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised."

Somehow there is a synergy here which I find quite compelling.

Jim