Saturday, December 13, 2008

PWD inspects the cutting ...


Amongst the many photos I have collected through the generosity of readers of the blog, this Phillppotts 1990 effort is the only shot of Phil in shorts that has come my way... he seems to be scrutinising carefully work on what must have been one of the last cuttings in the Long Mound.

Apologies to my readers for the thinness of some recent posts: I've been laid low for the last couple of weeks by a rather exhausting bug which has affected inspiration, research and output. Please keep the photos and comments coming - I will publish them all in the course of the next few weeks.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was the year Crickley sizzled in amazing summer temperatures and we had 2 hour lunch breaks. I think it is also the year that the hottest temperature of the UK was recorded in Cheltenham, about 97 degrees farenheit.

Eric van Dorland said...

Indeed it was very hot that summer, I was pleased I could work on the 'Slope' always a nice breeze there. According to my notes the record temperature Fiona is referring to was measured on August 3rd, it was the highest temp since 1919.