Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dixon scales the heights ...

Posted by Picasa
C-H-M's computer beeped the other day signalling a new email. I was delighted to read this: "My name is Eric van Dorland, I was a digger in the 1990 season. Working as a field archeologist in the Netherlands at the time, I lead a small group of Dutchies (or Cloggies as we were sometimes referred to) in the summer of '90. I have many fond memories of the place and the people. ... To me Crickley Hill has always been 'special' as I'm sure it is to many others as well, I have many fond memories of the place and people. ... Wonderful to see the 2009 reunion pictures! I bet you guys had a great time! I myself went back to the place in 2007, I was stunned by the sight of the Ullenwood Camp remains… If only it could have been preserved ..."

Welcome to the blog, Eric and thank you for the photos. The first of Eric's photos shows PWD climbing the photographic tower hauling his photographic gear with him. Taken with a Nikon FM2 camera and Ilford FP4 film, Eric's pictures remind me just how fine black and white photos can be.

No comments: