Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A supervisor doing some work ...

Posted by Picasa
Dr Ferris has awoken from his reveries: "While it was very kind of Crickley Hill Man to compare my youthful, hirsute self to the iconic French filmstar Alain Delon, I'm afraid to have to tell him that the film actor I was compared to appearance-wise most recently was the late Donald Pleasence. Time is indeed a cruel mistress.

In my Delon picture, and indeed in the previously-posted picture of me posing rather too camply on the barrow baulk at West Heath Common, I note that I am wearing one of my mother's hand-knitted jumpers, the last of which sadly succumbed to a moth infestation in the mid-1980s. Much like my hair."

Here is a 1977 Becky Sanderson picture of Dr Ferris caught, unusually for a supervisor, doing some work on a cutting. He appears to be holding a brush in his left hand. Behind him I suspect that curses rent the air as JP had spoil brushed all over him by the cove in the white trousers. Dr Ferris, meanwhile, is more Dougal, the iconic dog from the Magic Roundabout, than Donald ...

No comments: