Friday, July 17, 2009

Redressing the balance ...

Posted by Picasa
Mr Boden feels he has had enough of being unfairly leant on:

"My dear chap, you've been very industrious and the photos are splendid. Obviously you realise that references to myself frequently leaning on spades, shovels etc are a myth based on the requirement to construct the last line of a song verse which rhymed and scanned, and this has become confused with the reality of the fact that nobody has ever produced photographic evidence of such a thing taking place. And if I ever for a brief moment did any spade leaning at all, it was because I might have learnt such a technique from the young maestro himself, as evidenced here in a fine shape being thrown on an Institute dig in Sussex."

What a gem: it's the beret that makes it for me ...

No comments: