Friday, November 14, 2008

Beautful shot from 1985 season ...

Dr Phillpotts's archive has some very splendid shots from the 1985 season of which this is a taster. By 1985 I was, alas having to earn a living: spending 6 weeks at Crickley in the summer was no longer an option for me: not having been there, I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on on this cutting, so I appeal to my readers to assist!  

Appeal answered by Phil who says: "Must try harder! Dr P’s excellent view is of the Neolithic entrance at the west of the site, in the vicinity of W93, from the NW…  Pity about the buckets.  Simon B rode a motorbike, hence his proclivities to self damage if not abuse. Makes you cold to think of. (PWD neatly brings together a link between the last two posts below... Ed.) Just heard that Vanessa Wan has got a First while doing the Crickers bone, and is proceeding to do more. Will let you know any further details." Congratulations to Vanessa.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: