Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dear oh dear ...

1979 again: where do we start? Carole Anderson's apron, I think: which has some pretty colours in it. My random-knit sweater? Certainly it made an impression: later that year, I was in a cinema in Cambridge and was recognised by Jane Charman, who dug at Crickley in maybe 1977 and 1978: she yelled in front of the whole audience "Julian, the last time I saw you was on ATV Midlands, talking about cow bones, wearing that horrendous random-knit jumper!" I tried to sink invisibly into the seat and failed. In the back pocket of my jeans: trowel, WHS, forged tang. And, Arwel Barrett, what are you doing and what are you wearing? I think, to be fair, Arwel and I had just retrieved, more or less intact, the horse's skull that was found in F3351 on Ros Cleal's cutting. That's what's in the wheelbarrow on a bed of plastic bags. But it wasn't that heavy, so I'm not entirely sure why Arwel appears locked at that rather uncomfortable-looking angle. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: