Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Below Average comments from Dr Ferris...

"Crickley Hill Man's publication of the Rock Family Tree for the Below Average White Band and its offshoots jogged my usually overactive memory somewhat. I'll only comment on one of the offshoot band names, as I expect Crickley Hill Man will be hearing from various firms of solicitors with regard to his publication of some of the other names. Good luck in court, by the way; I hope this doesn't jeopardise your attendance at the reunion. Anyway, 'Shapes I Remember from Maps', named by me, refers to part of the first line in Talking Heads' song 'The Big Country', with a nod towards another favourite of mine at the time Wire's 'Map Ref. 41° N 93°W'.

As for the content of John Boden's recitations, usually voiced to mimic John Cooper Clarke, these once included extracts, very lengthy extracts, from 'Poems in the Lincolnshire Dialect'. The Bard of Salford has never sounded stranger than when mutated into The Bard of Grimsby."

No comments: