Sunday, November 9, 2008

Steve Vaughan's pop career ...

Iain Ferris writes, possibly after a good lunch, "I wonder if Crickley Hill Man or any of his dedicated readers have noticed the striking resemblance between Steve Vaughan in your recently-posted picture of him posing with a killaspray and Johnny Borrell, lead singer in the popular beat combo Razorlight? Are they perhaps in some way related? Maybe you could print photos of these two titans of rock together so that the public can make up its mind on this crucial matter."


--- Johnny Borrell     ---           --- Steve Vaughan   ---

Well, there they are, folks, make up your minds: the last time Steve Vaughan graced a stage at Ullenwood during a Crickley season according Dr Phillpotts's definitive history of the various manifestations of the Below Average White Band was as the percussionist in the 1984 group Hanging Judge and the Reprobates ... Steve replies: "All I can say is that it seems my secret is finally out ... I don't really ever remember having that much hair, and as for being percussionist, it must have been one of those very rare moments that drugs dulled the memory. My only recollection of a genuine rockstar moment was when I gyrated on the dining room table wearing my "Sex appeal, Give generously" underpants that had been presented to me for my 22nd birthday (1982). It impressed my current wife so much that a flowchart entry resulted ..." Someone was always, at some point, going to mention the flowchart. I'd like to reassure my readers that even know of its existence that I do not have a copy and the original is safely under the guard of the Chronicler in Shrewsbury.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that it seems my secret is finally out....

I don't really ever remember having that much hair, and as for being percussionist, it must have been one of those very rare moments that drugs dulled the memory. My only recollection of a genuine rockstar moment was when I gyrated on the dining room table wearing my "Sex appeal, Give generously" underpants that had been presented to me for my 22nd birthday (1982). It impressed my current wife so much that a flowchart entry resulted....